- Student activist Ahmad Asgari transferred from Ward 209 to Ward 350 after 3 months in 209 solitary.
- Behnam Chegini, member of Rouhani campaign, arrested in Delijan.
- Ziaollah Ghaderi, Baha’i from Tonekabon, arrested and sent to Sari Intel.
- Soroush Gorshasebi, Baha’i from Tonekabon, arrested and sent to Sari Intel.
- Faramarz Lotfi, Baha’i from Tonekabon, arrested and sent to Sari Intel.
- Saeed Naeemi, member of Advar, sent to Tabriz prison to serve his 1 year sentence.
- Mehdi Rahimi, Union member, arrested in Tehran.
- Prominent Azerbaijani cultural activist Salar Turi summoned to court and arrested.
- Mousavi advisor Alireza Beheshti-Shirazi released on furlough.
- Evin Prison's death row prisoner, Hamid Ghassemi-Shall is released
- Journalist Mehdi Mahmoudian released on furlough.
- Jailed student Omid Kokabee awarded APS Sakharov prize.
- Baluchi teenager Mohammad Saber Malek Reisi denied phone calls, visitation rights.
- Omid Shah-Moradi begins a hunger strike in Evin.
News of injustice in Iran
- Abdulaziz Azimi Ghadeem, Azeri cleric, sentenced to 7 months and sent to Tabriz prison.
- Vahid Habib-Cheshmeh, Azerbaijani cultural activist, sentenced to 4 months in prison.
- Azeri activist Ali Kheirjoo sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- Student activist Arash Mohammadi's 6 months sentence upheld on appeal.
- Alireza Hashemi, the Secretary General of Teachers Organization of Iran sentenced to 5 years imprisonment.
- Appeals overturns sentence of lawyer Mahmoud Alizadeh-Tabatabaei; a new trial will take place.
- 5 men and 3 women hanged in Yazd prison last Thursday.
- 4 hangings in Ghazvin prison on Sunday.
- One execution in Kazeroun of a teenager.
- 4 hangings in Kerman on Tuesday.
- A woman hanged in Tehran on Wednesday.
- One execution in Vakil Abad prison in Mashhad on Wednesday.
- 5 men and one woman hanged in Rejaei Shahr.
University – Culture
- Iranian actress Maryam Moghaddam resident of Sweden banned from leaving Iran.
- Managing editor of Hammihan newspaper Gholam Hossein Karbaschi announced that the ban on his publication was lifted; it will be published again with, Mohammad Ghoochani as chief editor.
- 40 'starred' students return to university.
- 30 net cafés closed in Ghazvin.
- The family of death sentenced prisoners gathered in front of parliament.
- Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif met with British Secretary of Foreign Affairs William Hague, Ms Ashton, and foreign affairs ministers of China, France, Germany, Russia and the US.
- Rouhani meets IMF Christine Lagarde, Pakistani, Japanese, Italian and Spanish Prime Ministers, French, Tunisian, Turkish and Lebanese presidents, Iraqi Vice-President, German Foreign Affairs Minister.
- Iran reappoints Kazempour as OPEC governor.
- Obama and Rouhani talked over the phone.
- $1 = less than 3,000 tomans.
- 240 workers laid off in Zanjan.
- IRGC's Sadra Shipbuilding Co has laid off total of 1500 workers.
- India lifts barriers from Iranian oil imports.
- In August 2013, China imported 440,000 barrels of oil from Iran, an 18% increase over the same period last year.
- Car production in Iran down by 38.5% in first half of 2013.
- Rouhani issued special order to take back all government complaints against media.
- Chief of Judiciary removes 6 judges.
- Forest fires continue to rage in Golestan National Park.
- Cholera spreads in 10 provinces.
- 360 school classes lacking teacher in Yazd.
- 28 people arrested in Qom for selling foreign currencies illegally.
- Bill allows men to marry their step-daughters, if they're 13.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated