- Younes Aghayan death row political prisoner, moved from Mahabad to solitary in Urmia prison.
- Farhad and Foad Fahandezh, Baha’is, transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Kamal Kashani, Baha’i, transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Payam Markazi, Baha’i, transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr
- Student activist Mostafa Nili transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Death row Kurdish political prisoner Houshang Rezaei moved to Rejaei Shahr prison after 6 months in Evin 209 solitary.
- Siamak Sadri, Baha’i, transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Fahrmand Sana'i, Baha’i, transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Human Rights’ lawyer Mohammad Seifzadeh transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Reza Sharifi Bokani who is serving a 3-year sentence in Rajai Shahr Prison was moved to an unknown location.
- Kourosh Ziari, Baha’i, transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Ali Akbar Javanfekr is back to Evin after medical leave.
- Baha'i Mona Majidi arrested along with her 9 month old baby and transferred to Semnan prison to start serving 6 months sentence.
- Pastor Yousef Naderkhani sent to Lakan prison in Rasht to serve the 45 days remaining of his 3 years sentence.
- Pouya Tabianian, Baha’i begins serving his 6 years sentence in Semnan.
- President of Kurdistan Human Rights Organisation, Mohammad Sedigh Kaboudvand released on 700 Million Tomans bail after 5 1/2 years in prison on 4 day furlough.
- Political prisoner Mohammadreza Moghayeseh released on a 4 day medical furlough.
- Anvar Moslemi, Baha’i from Mashhad, released on 50 million toman bail.
- Iran prominent activist Heshmat Tabarzadi granted furlough.
- Behzad Zabihei, Baha’i from Mashhad, released on 50 million toman bail.
- Ashkan Zamani, Baha’i from Mashhad, released on bail
- Dr. Mehdi Khazali was moved from 209 solitary to Ward 350. He ended his hunger strike on Dec 20.
- 26-year-old Abbas Mahdi Kori, young prisoner who suffered extreme pain dies in central prison in Bandar-Abbas as his pleas ignored by guards.
- Nasrin Sotoudeh accompanied by security forces was allowed to attend the burial services of her mother but the service was cancelled.
News of injustice in Iran
- Keyvan Ahmadi, Kurdish citizen, sentenced to 4 years.
- Aria Aramnezhad, singer, sentenced by Appeals to 3 months.
- Delavar Bodekan, Kurdish citizen, sentenced to 6 months.
- Faramarz Firouzian, Baha’i from Semnan, previously sentenced to 4.5 years in prison, sentenced by Appeals to 1 year.
- Amin Roghani, student activist from Semnan, sentenced by Appeals to 9 months in prison.
- Tahereh Rostampour sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- Azizeh Shafieian, 68 years old, sentenced to 1 year imprisonment + 5 years suspended prison term + 5 years ban from foreign travel.
- Ali Shariati, blogger, sentenced by Appeals to 9 months in prison.
- Naser Sodagari sentenced to 5 years in prison + 5 years in exile in Zahedan.
- Pouyan Sodagari sentenced to 6 years in prison + 6 years in exile in Kerman.
- Political prisoner Hani Yazerloo sentence of 1 year in prison and 15 year exile in Mashhad confirmed.
- One man hanged in Sari on Christmas day.
- 5 public executions in Yassoj on Thursday.
- One Afghan national executed in Damghan on Thursday.
- One execution in Semnan on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Top Iranian university [ Sanati Sharif Uni. in Tehran] among new sanction targets.
- Shargh newspaper acquitted of insulting veterans of the 1980s Iran-Iraq War.
- 300 workers of Fajr Petrochem of Mahshahr are on strike again.
- Retired metal workers meet for a protest in Tehran.
- Largest private factory of Esfahan is in crisis: layoff of 1000 workers and overdue wages of 4000 workers.
- Closure of Yasouj Flour factory displaced its 86 workers who were due to retire soon.
- $1 = 3500 tomans.
- 50% of employees at Parand Industrial Complex have been laid off.
- Overnight looting in Tehran's grand bazaar.
- Exports to Iran from UAE dropped by nearly a third in the first half of 2012.
- Iran regime exporting 20 tons of gold to Syria to save its currency while Iran's currency is failing!
Politics in Iran
- Iran ends fuel subsidies for passenger cars with 1,800cc engines.
- Khamenei directly responsible for house arrest of opposition leaders, says Police Chief.
- Dispute escalates between MP and head of the Expediency Council Rafsanjani.
- Ahmadinejad ousted Health Minister Dastjerdi and replaced her with Mohammad Hassan Tarighat Monfared.
- Family of Iran ex-president, Rafsanjani, sues lawmaker ally of Ahmadinejad over corruption allegations.
- At 175 and just below China, Iran occupies 4th place from the bottom on Press Freedom Index 2011-2012.
- Iran to finance $300m power supply project in Pakistan.
- Dr. Peyman, ophthalmologist, wins medical prize in US.
- Spanish satellite company Hispasat stopped airing Press TV and Hispan TV.
- Iran claims to have staved off another Stuxnet-type attack on Bandar Abbas power plant.