- Human Rights activist Abolfazl Abedini transferred from Evin to Ahvaz Karoon prison; he begins a hunger strike.
- Majid Dori transferred from Behbahan to Karoun prison in Ahvaz.
- Mahmoud Fazli transferred to prison clinic.
- Sick political prisoner Mashallah Haeri transferred to Rajaee Shahr prison.
- Mehdi Karroubi back in house arrest following a coronary angiography at Tehran Heart Center.
- Ayoub Porkar transferred from Behbahan to Karoun prison in Ahvaz.
- Shahram Radmehr transferred to prison clinic.
- Mamousta Mohammad Baraei is back to Rejaei Shahr at the end of 10 days furlough.
- On furlough journalist Masoud Bastani is back to prison.
- Behnam Eghdamian, Baha’i, arrested in Ghorveh and transferred to Sanandaj.
- Vahid Rouh-Bakhsh protester of 2009 Presidential Elections arrested to serve his 18 months sentence.
- Student activist Maryam Shafeepour summoned to Court in Evin then arrested and transferred to solitary.
- Journalist Fariba Pazhouh released on bail.
- Baha'i citizen Samim Zarei from Sanandaj released on bail.
News of injustice in Iran
- Supreme Court overturns sentence of execution of Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr Shahram Ahmadi.
- Christian Convert Mostafa Bordbar sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Supreme Court overturns sentence of execution of Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr Mohammad Gharibi.
- Supreme Court overturns sentence of execution of Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr Pouria Mohammadi.
- Supreme Court overturns sentence of execution of Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr Omid Peyvand.
- Supreme Court overturns sentence of execution of Sunni prisoners of Rejaei Shahr Bahman, Mohammad-Yavar and Mokhtar Rahimi.
- Supreme Court overturns sentence of execution of Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr Faramarz Shah-Nazari.
- One execution in Miandoab.
- Hand amputation sentence confirmed for a alleged robber in Abadan.
University – Culture
- Tehran Police have shut down 67 internet cafes, citing various violations of city regulations.
- Abadan Book Fair closed down by authorities.
- Science Ministry blacklists 251 foreign publications.
- Google disables Iran’s Press TV YouTube account.
- Makhmalbaf wins another award for The Gardener.
- Asghar Farhadi’s acclaimed film “The Past” to open Cairo film festival.
- Iran’s average Internet speed (3.2 MB/s) was the slowest in the world for the first quarter of the current year.
- Mohammad Ghanbari, a member of Ahl-e Haqq, set himself on fire in front of the Islamic Parliament.
- 500 Workers of Haft-Tapeh Sugar Cane Factory on strike.
- Strike at Mehvarsazan Company in South Pars.
- Iran grants Syria $3.6 billion credit facility to buy oil products.
- US House passes Iran sanctions bill to slash oil exports.
- Somalia’s Puntland State releases 78 Iranian sailors.
- Closing of 195 mushroom units production: 80,000 workers unemployed in a year.
- Medical drug imports stuck in customs limbo.
- Authorities stop Ghadr Night Ceremony.
- Ali Najafi said that he has been confirmed as the Education Minister in the coming cabinet.
- Iran Supreme Leader rejects RoUhani cabinet.
- Addiction is the second leading cause of death in Iran.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated