- After 70 days in temporary detention at Intelligence detention center Masoud Hosseinzadeh transferred to Tabriz prison.
- Incarcerated journalist Isa Saharkhiz was admitted to hospital.
- Mohammad Abdolahian arrested for giving aid to Ahar earthquake victims and publicizing info about their condition.
- Tehran Azad University student Saeed Aghapour was arrested in raid of his home, computer, books etc confiscated.
- Sonia Ahmadi, Baha’i, arrested in Mashhad to serve her sentence.
- Shiraz University of Technology student activist Amir Garshasbi begins serving his 3 years sentence in Evin 350.
- Student activists brothers Arash and Siavash Mohammadi arrested in court where they came to followup on their case and transferred to Tabriz prison to start serving 3 months sentence.
- Habib Mousavi Bibalanei, poet, arrested in Gorgan.
- Nora Nabilzadeh, Baha’i, arrested in Mashhad to serve her sentence.
- National-Religious Activist, journalist, Alireza Rajaei returned to Evin Prison.
- Top Student, Soroush Sabet, Bronze winner at Math Olympiad, [ 2 years imprisonment] moved to Evin Prison.
- Nima Safar Saflaei, poet, arrested in Gorgan.
- While on medical furlough Mohammad Ali Velayati was summoned back to Evin prison.
- Alireza Asgari, workers’ rights activist, released.
- Earthquake volunteer Mohammad-Amin Salehi released in Tabriz.
- Student Peace Prize goes to imprisoned Iranian student Majid Tavakoli.
- 7,000 prisoners from Karaj prison transferred to new built Tehran prison.
News of injustice in Iran
- Kurdish political prisoner Mansour Arvand, sentenced to death.
- Court of Appeal upheld 5-year sentence and exile to Zabol against Human Rights activist Koohyar Goodarzi.
- Tehran University post-graduate Economics major Kurdish student Diakou Khayat sentenced to 5 years.
- Political activist Saman Nasim sentenced to death for the membership of groups opposed to regime.
- Former Tehran mayor Mohammad Tavasoli refused to present defense in Court calling it illegal.
- Kahrizak case judge Haydarifard arrested on charges of drugs and gun possession has been released.
- 5 people executed in Tehran on Monday.
- 3 people hanged in Shahrood on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Mohammad Reza Lotfi concert tour license canceled in Babolsar.
- Released political prisoner, Roozbeh Hossein Tehrani, not allowed continuing his master’s degree.
- Mohammad Yazdani Beigi not allowed pursuing his studies.
- The Facebook page of a leading Iranian cartoonist, Mana Nayestani, was hacked on September 11, by the Soldiers of Islam, a pro-regime hacker group.
- Ghazvin branch of Cheshmeh bookstore closed by Intelligence Ministry.
- 100 workers of sugar factory in Ahvaz protested in front of Office building of Industry Mine and Trade of Khouzestan.
- Workers of telecom of Western Azerbaijan Hamadan and Kurdistan provinces gathered in front of parliament.
- Environmental protest against [ NICICo] copper mining operations.
- Pre-school teachers rally in front of the Parliament.
- $1 = 2700 tomans.
- Iran Central Bank will no longer provide subsidized foreign currency for purchases of medical equipment and pharmaceuticals.
- More than 300 workers of various automotive parts manufacturers were laid off in the last month.
- Central Bank to announce a daily exchange rate: Iranian Economy Minister.
- Iran bought three Airbus-320 planes.
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards commander says its troops in Syria.
- In surprise move, Italy to represent Canada in Iran.
- Iran's foreign minister in Damascus for talks.
- Hardliners protest outside French embassy in Tehran over cartoons.
- Tombstone reveals intervention of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard in Syria.
- Ali Akbar Salehi met with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus.
- FM met with Omani Commerce Minister.
Politics in Iran
- Iran removed image of opposition leader Mousavi of official Pictures of all the Rajai's Cabinet Ministers from the textbook.
- Pour-Mohammadi, a key player in Iran's 1988 genocide of political prisoners, will run for president in next year.
- Seven houses destroyed by security forces in Shiraz.