- Political prisoner Reza Akvanian transferred from solitary to 3 person cell.
- Jahangir (Houshang) Badozadeh transferred to criminal ward of Urmia prison.
- Rozhin Paya, Kurdish political prisoner, transferred from Urmia to Yasuj prison to serve the 3 remaining years of her 6 years sentence.
- Maryam Shafeepour transferred from solitary to general ward in Evin.
- Ahmad Tamooei transferred to criminal ward of Urmiah prison.
- Naser Karimi arrested at his work place in Bokan.
- Prominent Reformist Seyed Ahmad Mousavi summoned and taken to prison in Shiraz to start serving his 4 months sentence.
- 30 people arrested at the Salar Aghili's concert iIn Tehran.
- 22 Sufi arrested in Esfahan.
- Hasan Abdollahi, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 24 months sentence.
- Masoud Abdollahi, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 22 months sentence.
- Member of the central committee of the Alumni Association, Hasan Asadi-Zeidabadi released on a 48 hour furlough.
- Nemat Azadkhah, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Senior Mousavi advisor Ghorban-Ali Behzadiannejad released on furlough from Evin.
- Ayoub Ebrahimzadeh, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Yousef Feizi, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Shirkoo Ghamarivand, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Political prisoner Asadollah Hadi released from Evin on a 7 day medical furlough.
- Mashallah Haeri released on furlough.
- Student activist Bahareh Hedayat released from Evin on a 3 day furlough
- Political prisoner Mahboubeh Karami released on 3 days furlough.
- Abdolwahab Maroofzadeh, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Hadi Moloudi, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Baha'i prisoner Amanollah Mostaghim on medical furlough.
- Mohammad Najari, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 18 months sentence.
- Jafar Pouya, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- Kaveh Rasoulpour, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 18 months sentence.
- Seyyed Taha Rahimi, Sunni prisoner of Rejaei Shahr prison, freed at the end of his 20 months sentence.
- End of 4 years prison political prisoner Mohsen Sadeghi Nour released.
- Hassan Saremi released / His children transferred to the general ward.
- Hossein Ronaghi-Maleki ends his hunger strike.
News of injustice in Iran
- One prisoner hanged in Shiraz on Saturday.
- One hanging in Khomeiny Shahr prison.
- One hanging in Karoon prison on Tuesday.
- One public hanging in Isfahan on Tuesday.
- One public hanging in Ilam on Wednesday.
- One hanging in Sanandaj prison on Wednesday.
- A man publicly lashed in front of his house in Sava.
- 21 Sarand Camp earthquake volunteer workers were acquitted of the charge of conspiring against national security :
- Misagh Afshar
- Navid Khanjani
- Vahed Kholousi
- Farid Rohani
- Hossein Ronaghi-Maleki
- Shayan Vahdati -
- Omar-Ghader Abdollahi’s Peugeot was confiscated.
- Suspect in the case of Sattar Beheshti’s murder charged with quasi-premeditated murder.
- Yadollah Dashti, an Azari civil activist sentenced to 6 months imprisonment by the Revolutionary Court in Mahabad.
- Supreme Court has overturned the 15 years imprisonment and exile to Borazjan sentence of Abdolreza Ghanbari giving him 10 years.
- Mohammad Gharibi’s Peykan was confiscated.
- Ghasem Goudarzi, a Balouch, was tortured and killed for being a Sunni.
- Azarbaijan civil activist Ali Hedayati sentenced to 5 months imprisonment by the Revolutionary Court in Mahabad.
- Omid Mahmoudi’s Peykan was confiscated.
- Teymour Naderzadeh’s Peykan is confiscated.
- Foad-Ahmad Nouri’s Peugeot was confiscated.
- Bahman and Mokhtar Rahimi’s Peykans were confiscated.
- Mohammad-Yavar Rahimi’s Jeep is confiscated.
- Keykhosro Sharafipour’s Peykan is confiscated.
University – Culture
- Persian poet Simin Behbahani gets Janus Pannonius award.
- Blind Iranian music maestro Ali Jafarian passes away.
- Iran Caretaker minister fires controversial head of university: Sadreddin Shariati.
- Daneshjoo News site is hacked.
- The president of Amir Kabir University was sentenced to be suspended in public service for two years.
- Newspaper "Haft Sobh" was convicted.
- Passports of 2 Sunni students studying in Saudi Arabia confiscated; they can’t continue their studies.
- Telluride Film Festival Silver Medal awarded to Mohammad Rasoulof.
- Third protest of the death row's families in front of Parliament.
- Zagros Steel workers protest against the lack of employment contracts.
- Iran freed 6 Slovak gliders arrested for spying.
- EU court drops seven companies from Iranian sanctions list.
- Iran ordered militants in Iraq to attack the American Embassy in Baghdad if the U.S. strikes Syria.
- $20 billion deficit predicted in Iranian annual budget.
- Layoff of 50 West Steel's workers returning from summer vacation.
- Dismissal of four thousand workers of construction in Boroojerd.
- $1= 32,250 rials
- 60 per cent of Iran’s airplanes grounded.
- Interior Minister: "70% of Our Cities Are Bankrupt".
- Value of Iran’s saffron exports exceeds $53million in five months.
- Irans aluminum output increases 7 percent.
- Well-known global oil companies to be invited for negotiations and investment in Iran’s oil industry.
- Economy Minister: Iran facing a crisis of 8.5 million job seekers.
- VP Mohammad Bagher Nobakht: budget to be slashed by 28%; predicted revenues not achievable.
- Iran to set up forced labour camp for drug smuggling prisoners.
- Iranian agency drops Rafsanjani remarks critical of Syrian government.
- Majid Ansari, former VP in Khatami government, appointed VP for parliamentary affairs
- Reformist wins lead position on Tehran City Council.
- Rouhani and FM tweet best wishes to Jews for Rosh Hashanah.
- Rouhani selects prominent economist Prof. Masoud Nili as his Economic Advisor.
- Iran's President puts Foreign Ministry in charge of nuclear negotiations.
- Morteza Sarmadi (first deputy foreign minister), Mehdi Danesh Yazdi (Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs) Majid Takht-Ravanchi (Deputy Foreign Minister for Europe and America Affairs), Seyed Abbas Araghchi (current Deputy Foreign Minister for Asia-Pacific Affairs), Hossein Amir-Abdollahian (current Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs) and Hasan Ghashghavi (current Deputy Foreign Minister for Consular, Parliamentary and Expatriates’ Affairs) will remain in their posts.
- Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan has named Reza Talainik as his deputy for legal and parliamentary affairs.
- Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli has appointed Sowlat Mortazavi as his senior adviser.
- Ayatollah Abdul-Hamid Masoumi Tehrani met with some Baha'i activists.
- Cholera outbreaks in Kerman province.
- FM Zarif condemns the killing of Jews by the Nazis saying Iran has never denied the holocaust.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated