- Student activist Amir Chamani was transferred from Tabriz Intel detention to Tabriz prison.
- Human rights attorney Abdolfatah Soltani was transferred back to Evin 350 from Sina hospital.
- Mehdi Tahaghoghi transferred to Rejaei Shahr .
- Reza and Ali Akbari Monfared (father and son) were arrested 2 weeks ago.
- Bita Hedayati, Baha’i from Gonbad-e-Kavous, arrested.
- Head of the Kurdistan human rights organization, Mohammad Sedigh Kaboudvand is back in prison, furlough was not extended.
- Hana Koushkbaghi, Baha’i from Gonbad-e-Kavous, arrested.
- Nahid Mahmoudi, Baha’i from Gonbad-e-Kavous, arrested.
- Vesagh Sanaei, Baha’i from Gonbad-e-Kavous, arrested.
- Furlough extension was denied, Nasrin Sotoudeh returned to prison.
- Baha'i Shayda Taeeid was arrested in a raid of her home in Nour.
- Mohammad Tavakoli, member of Teachers’ Union of Kurdistan, arrested.
- Sina Aghdasi, Baha’i, released on bail from Tabriz prison.
- Journalist Bahman Ahmadi Amouee arrested June 09 released on his first furlough since arrest. Wife Zhila Baniyagoub is in prison.
- Journalist Mahsa Amrabadi was released on furlough.
- Masoud Bastani, released on furlough on bail.
- Behrooz Ghobadi, brother of filmmaker Bahman, released from prison.
- Iraj Najafabadi, workers’ rights activist, released on bail in Isfahan.
- WomensRights activist and blogger Fereshteh Shirazi was released from prison.
- Ahmad Zeidabadi, released on furlough on bail.
- Hardline cleric A. Khazali met with his estranged son Mehdi Khazali in Evin Prison.
News of injustice in Iran
- Vahid Asghari’s death sentence was confirmed - Case sent back to the Supreme Court again.
- Siavosh Ghanbari was sentenced to 10 months on charges of collaboration with banned Kurdish group
- Sentence of 1 year in prison upheld by Appeals for Afsaneh Toghi.
- One public execution in Urmiah on Sunday.
- 2 public executions in front of House of Artists in Tehran on Sunday.
- 3 executions in Zahedan on Sunday.
- Sentence of fingers amputation of a man convicted of burglary was carried out in public in Shiraz.
- 3 executions on Tuesday.
- One public execution on Wednesday.
- One execution in Shahroud on Thursday.
- One execution in Khorramdareh.
- 3 executions in Chubin prison.
University – Culture
- Graphic novelist Marjane Satrapi will debut her paintings in Paris this month.
- Retired workers protest at Abadan Petrochemical Company.
- Protest rally against layoffs at construction company Nasr Jihad.
- Wave of large-scale protests at most major oil refineries.
- $1 over 3500 tomans again.
- 87,000 retired steel workers have not been paid for the last 3 months.
- 17 million Iranians to receive food coupons.
Politics in Iran
- Ex-president Khatami strongly criticizes absence of free elections and political activities in Iran.
- Political parties compelled to declare funding sources.
- Parliament receives notice to impeach the Labor Minister.
- Turkey lifts ban on Iranian cargo plane carrying 1.5 tons of gold from Ghana to Iran.
- First visit to Iran by Russian interior minister since 1979 Revolution.
- Majlis Speaker arrives in Sudan. He meets with Sudanese President.
- China freezes $25 billions Iranian assets; they can be released against Chinese goods paid in Yuan.
- A 5.5 magnitude earthquake shook Syrch near Kerman, cell communications cut, land line disruptions in the area.
- Iran unveils machine for amputating thieves’ fingers.