- Jahangir (Houshang) Badozadeh transferred to solitary in Urmia prison.
- Navid Khanjani back to prison from hospital.
- Gonabadi Dervish Kasra Nouri transferred to prison clinic.
- Ahmad Tamooei beaten and transferred to solitary in Urmia prison.
- Mehrdad Ahan-Khah back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Ali-Akbar Baghbani, Secretary General of Iranian Teachers Union, summoned to Evin to serve his 1 year sentence.
- Amin Chalaki back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Banafsheh Ferdosian, Baha’i from Isfahan, arrested and released on bail the same day.
- Hasan Faraji-Mousavi back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Mohammad-Ali Hashemi-Rad, political activist, summoned at Evin, arrested and released the following day.
- Morteza Khazaneh-Dari back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Mohsen Mohagheghi back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Mohammad-Hossein Naeemipour back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Mohammad-Sadegh Rabani back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Afrooz Rouhi, Baha’i from Isfahan, arrested.
- Masoud Vojdani, Baha’i from Isfahan, arrested.
- More than 200 people arrested in a public concert in Tehran.
- Amir Chamani, student activist, released on furlough from Tabriz prison.
- Siavash Hatam freed at the end of his sentence.
- Javid Houtan-Kian, released on furlough from Tabriz prison.
- Mohsen Jaldiani, Kurdish prisoner, freed after serving his sentence.
- Ahmad Zeidabadi released on furlough.
- Abolfazl Abedini-Nasr ends hunger strike.
- Rashid Esmaili, human rights activist of Isfahan dies.
News of injustice in Iran
- Ebrahim Firouzi, Christian convert, sentenced to 1 year in prison + 2 years in exile.
- Faezeh Hashemi was acquitted of charges of causing disturbance while in Evin.
- Mohammad (Kourosh) Nasiri sentenced by Appeals to 9.5 years in prison in Ganaveh for Facebook activities.
- 3 public hangings in Karaj on Sunday.
- 1 hanging in Dizelabad prison on Tuesday.
- 27 Hangings in Iran on Thursday :
- 1 publicly in Jahrom,
- 1 publicly in Tabriz,
- 5 in Urmiah prison,
- 11 in Karaj,
- 3 in Ardabil,
- 2 in Mashhad,
- 1 in Hendijan,
- 5 in Arak
University – Culture
- Persian part of Wikipedia filtered in Iran.
- Protests in Arak against air pollution.
- After 7 days on strike, workers of subcontractor of South Pars oil field resume work after being paid their delayed salaries.
- Workers of Lead and Zinc's Factory gathered outside the Zanjan Government offices.
- Strike of all workers and Municipal employees of Ahrom in Bushehr Province.
- An Iranian reported killed in Damascus.
- An Iranian receives a life term sentence in Thailand for bombing.
- The Central Bank announced a June-July inflation rate of 37.5% and point-to-point inflation of 44%. The Statistical Center of Iran had put the figure at 33.9 percent -.
- Rouhani appoints Najafi, initially proposed as Minister of Education, as Vice President and Head of Cultural Heritage and Tourism.
- The new Labor Minister ended Saeed Mortazvai's appointment on the Board of Trustees of the Social.
- Hassan Rohani appointed Jafar Tofighi as caretaker minister of science, research, and technology and Reza Salehi Amiri as caretaker minister of sports and youth.
- Reza Najafi, previously head of the FM’s Disarmament Department appointed as the new ambassador to IAEA
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated