- Death row prisoner Hamed Ahmadi stops hunger strike and is relocated to Rejaei Shahr.
- Death row prisoners Jahangir and Jamshid Dehghani stop hunger strike and are relocated to Rejaei Shahr.
- Political prisoner Khaled Herdani transferred to hospital.
- Death row prisoner Kamal Molaei stops hunger strike and is relocated to Rejaei Shahr.
- Bahman Ahmadi-Amouee is back to Rejaei Shahr at the end of furlough.
- Abdolreza Ghanbari, political prisoner, is back to Borazjan prison at the end of furlough.
- Saeed Heidari, newly converted Sunni, arrested in Mahshahr.
- Hamid-Zareh Mohammadi, journalist and blogger, begins serving his 1 year sentence in Tabriz prison.
- Maryam Rahmanian, photographer, arrested at Jason Rezaian home.
- Jason Rezaian, Washington Post correspondant, arrested in Tehran.
- Hossein Sabouri, Sunni Muslim, arrested in Mahshahr.
- Yeganeh Salehi, journalist, wife of Jason Rezaian, arrested in Tehran.
- Khouzair Sharhani, Sunni Arab Muslim, arrested in Ahvaz.
- Sami Zabadi Alboughabish, Sunni Arab Muslim, arrested in Ahvaz.
- Hamid, Hossein, Mohammad, Mousa and Salem Zargani, Sunni Arab Muslims, arrested in Ahvaz
- 8 persons accused of Satanism arrested in Firouzkouh.
- Dr. Asghar Ghotan released on furlough.
- Student activist Bahareh Hedayat released on 4 days furlough for medical reasons.
- Political prisoner Nader Jani released on 6 days furlough.
- Journalist Ahmad Zeidabadi released on furlough.
- Mohammad-Reza Ali-Payam "Haloo", sentenced to 3 months + 1 day for a satyre.
- Cleric Mohammad-Sadegh (Arash) Honarvar-Shojaei-Khoee begins a hunger strike.
- Reza Shahabi, Workers’ rights activist, ends his hunger strike after 50 days.
News of injustice in Iran
- Arjang Davoudi, political prisoner since 20 years, sentenced to execution.
- Taha Kermani, Azeri environmentalist, sentenced to 3 years in prison.
- Hossein-Ali Mohammadi, Azeri environmentalist, sentenced to 3 years in prison.
- Rasoul Razavi, Azeri environmentalist, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- 5 people publicly flogged in Kermanshah for eating publicly.
- 50 hangings in 6 months in Kerman.
- 6 men and 4 women hanged in Birjand.
- One defendant sentenced to death by stoning.
- One Christian had his lips burnt by cigarette in public in Kermanshah for eating during the day.
University – Culture
- Tehran Vocal Ensemble receives 3 medals, 2 gold and 1 silver at 8th World Choir Games in Riga, Latvia.
- Coal miners protest again against privatization.
- Several protests in front of US office in Tehran to support Ghaza.
- E.U. suspends one of the sanctions taken against Iran.
- An Iranian NGO receives Red Ribbon Award.
- Iran opened its airspace as an alternative route for northern Europe to east Asia.
- Iran to get $2.8 billion during extended talks, most sanctions stay.
- Thai Wan Hai Company became first foreign shipping line that resumed operation in Iran after its ship berthed in Rajayee port.
- Petrochemical exports are up by 6% in one month.
- Boeing will provide spare parts to Iran, 1st time since 1979.
- Work hours for Iranian nurses increased from 150 to 300 hours.
- Jannati chosen again as head of guardians’ council.
- Volleyball: Iran loses to USA in semi-finales.
- 500 new cases of tuberculosis in Zabol every year.
- 3 killed and 6 wounded in clash of police with population of Qeshm Island over smuggled fuel.
- Saeed Marouf nominated best setter in Volleyball World Championship.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated