- Maurice Bagheri was transferred to Rasht prison.
- Hamid Hadisi was transferred to Rasht prison.
- Ebrahim Khosh-Sirat was transferred to Rasht prison.
- Amanollah Mostaghim transferred to Rejaie Shahr.
- Zahra (Mahboubeh) Mansouri is back to Evin in the middle of her chimiotherapy.
- Mehdi Nouri, arrested again last week, calls his family to advise he is in Tabriz prison.
- Green Movement activist Ashkan Zahebian re-arrested in Babol.
- Dr. Mehdi Khazali begins a new hunger strike in Evin 209.
- 2,100 prisoners end hunger strike in Ghezel Hesar prison.
News of injustice in Iran
- 5 years imprisonment for Mahmoud Beheshti the former spokesperson of Iran Teachers Union.
- Hamid Eslami, Baha’i from Shiraz, sentenced to 3 years in prison.
- Nava Khalousi, Baha’i from Mashhad, sentenced to 4.5 years in prison.
- Nika Khalousi, Baha’i from Mashhad, sentenced to 6 years in prison.
- Mahsa Mahdavi, Baha’i from Mashhad, sentenced to 8 months in prison.
- Adib Shoaei, Baha’i from Mashhad, sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Kaveh Taheri sentenced to 3 years in prison + 50 million toman fine.
- Rahman Vafaei, Baha’i from Shiraz, sentenced to 3 years in prison.
- 1 Afghani and one Iranian hanged in Rajaei Shahr on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Chicago film student Anahita Ghazvinizadeh wins Cannes prize.
- Internet at Qazvin University cut off ahead of elections.
- Shortages of flour and bread in Ardabil and Khuzestan trigger public protests in both provinces.
- Tehran metal market businesses announce another strike in protest over VAT and fluctuations in dollar values.
- Iran grants Syria $7 billion loan
- Canada bans all imports, exports with latest Iran sanctions.
- U.S. blacklisted eight companies in Iran's petrochemical industry.
- Jahanbakhsh Mozzafari named new ambassador in Italy.
- Armenia cites high price as reason for stopping import of Iranian gas.
- Japan’s crude imports from Iran slumped 96 %.
- The Central Bank reported 30.8% inflation in the past year.
- One of Iran’s petrochemical companies files lawsuit in international court against Turkish Company Next Chemicals for non-payment of its debts.
- Ali Larijani appointed Majlis Chairman sixth consecutive year.
- After first presidential debate on Iranian TV, in an Isna Poll:
- Aref 43%,
- Ghalibaf 13%,
- Haddad Adel: 0,4 %.
- Jalili 6%
- Rezaei 11,
- Rouhani 17%
- Velayati 3
- Guardian launches a database of Iran's prisoners of conscience http://t.co/wxvIFztLq3.
- Karim Lahiji becomes president of FIDH.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated