- Navid Khanjani transferred from Rajaei Shahr prison to hospital in Tehran with heart, respiratory problems.
- Mir-Hossein Mousavi returns to house arrest from hospital.
- Baha'i Saeed Rezaei transferred back to prison after heart surgery, against doctors ‘advise.
- Sedigheh Amirkhani, Christian, arrested in Isfahan.
- Yashar Farzin-No, Christian, arrested in Tabriz.
- Farshid Madres-Aval, Christian, arrested in Tabriz.
- Madeh Moradi, Kurdish student activist, arrested in Sanandaj.
- Mohammad-Reza Peymani, Christian, arrested in Isfahan.
- Mohammad-Reza Piri, Christian, arrested in Tabriz.
- Mahnaz Rafiei, Christian, arrested in Isfahan.
- Participation Front member, journalist Mehdi Mahmoudian released on furlough.
- Mohammad-Sadegh Rabani released on furlough.
- Mohsen Sadeghi-Nour released on furlough.
- Hakimeh Shokri, member of Park Laleh Mothers, released on furlough.
- Gonabadi dervish Mohsen Esmaili prevented from attending his mother’s funerals.
- Mysterious death of Khabat Moradi, 20, in Sanandaj prison.
- Aziz Pourvali, Azeri prisoner in Tabriz prison, joins hunger strike of prisoners exiled to Rejaei Shahr.
- Abdollah Sadoughi begins a hunger strike.
- Mohammad-Ali Taheri has been on hunger strike since the beginning of Ramadan.
News of injustice in Iran
- Yousef Ab-Kharabat, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Journalist Ghasem Ahmadi sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Hamed Mahmoudnejad, workers’ rights activist, sentenced to 1 year suspended for 5 years.
- Mohammad Molanaei, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- The Bob Dylan of Iran - singer Mohsen Namjoo was sentenced to 5 years in prison in absentia.
- Activist Masoud Pedram was sentenced to one additional year of imprisonment while in prison serving his previous 3 years sentence.
- Vahed Seyyedeh, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- One hanging in Salmas prison.
University – Culture
- Amir Khosravi student activist expelled from University.
- Spanish Festival honors Iranian director Dariush Ghazbani.
- 46 publications and 10 websites received licenses.
- Government committee to study Iran’s internet problems.
- Bushehr hospital medical staff engaged in a sit-in, protesting unpaid wages.
- Ahwaz municipal workers protest lack of pay.
- Arrested "Kian-Tyre" workers were released.
- 8 members of Revolutionary Guards killed in Syria in last 4 months.
- Rouhani met with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu
- Iranian Ambassador in Paris meets Laurent Fabius.
- Mohammad Nahavandian, Chief of Staff to Iranian President Rouhani, received Lapo Pistelli, the Deputy Italian Foreign Minister.
- Iranian cargo plane loaded with weapons and ammunitions shot down over Damascus airport.
- Over 70% of pensioners do not have comprehensive health insurance.
- 235 unit supplier of corporate clothing sealed in Tehran.
- June-July inflation reached 33.9% and food inflation was up 51.5% over last year.
- Tile factory closures and layoffs of hundreds of workers in Boroojerd.
- "Khorshid" newspaper employees not paid.
- Four-month delay in wages payment at South Kyanush Contractor Company.
- Some 10,000 containers containing medicine and food waiting for release in southern ports.
- Hassan Rouhani appointed Eshagh Jahangiri (former Minister of Industries and Mines, from 1997 to 2005, under Khatami) as his first Vice President.
- Supreme Leader appointed Dr.Ahmadinejad, ex-president as a member of the Expediency Discernment Council
- 31 people committed suicide in 54 days in Yazd province.
- Death of some kidney patients due to financial difficulties in Bushehr.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated