News of the Prisoners
- Omid Behrouzi transferred to Evin 350.
- Mostafa Daneshjou transferred to Evin 350.
- Reza Entesari transferred to Evin 350.
- Amir Eslami transferred to Evin 350.
- Afshin Karampour transferred to Evin 350.
- Hamid Moradi transferred to Evin 350.
- Kamran Rahimian transferred to Rejaei Shahr prison as his trial begins.
- Farshid Yadollahi transferred to Evin 350.
- Student activist Mazyar Yazdani has been moved to solitary confinement in Babol prison.
- Former Shiraz University student activist Rouhollah Ghasemi arrested Sunday 12/18 after being summoned by Intelligence.
- Participation Front member/journalist Amir Hossein Hajebian has been arrested.
- Gonabadi Dervishes member Nasrollah Laleh has been arrested, his home and work place raided, items confiscated.
- Tehran Azad Uni student activist Mohammad Hossein Mahboubian was arrested 12/17 as he was leaving the University.
- Esmaeel Rahimi, Kurdish civic activist, arrested at home in Sarv Dasht.
- Bastam Sarabi Kurdish civic activist, arrested at home in Sarv Dasht.
- Man who threw shoes at Ahmadinejad arrested.
- Mohammad Alimoradi, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Ahmad Alizadeh, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Civil activist Rahim Bajvar has been released on bail from Marivan's Intelligence detention center.
- Ali Imani Gharamaleki, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Farzad Mahdavi, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Mohammad Mahmoudi, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Jalil Milani, arrested in August during Ramadan dinner, freed from Tabriz prison.
- Mehdi Mohajer, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Ghader Noroozi, arrested in August during Ramadan dinner, freed from Tabriz prison.
- War veteran Mohammad Reza Rajabi has been released after completing his sentence. He was arrested June 2009.
- Yaghoob Ramezani, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Student activist Arash Sadeghi has been released.
- Yousef Salahshour, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Yaser Salmani Rezaei, arrested in Tabriz on 24 August, freed after serving his sentence.
- Fakhreddin Samimi, bahai living in Ghaemshahr freed.
- Ali Sirnak, arrested in August during Ramadan dinner, freed from Tabriz prison.
- Journalists call for the release of Hassan Fathi, arrested after giving interview to BBC Persian.
- Hossein Ronaghi Maleki has ended his hunger strike.
- Labor activist Reza Shahabi ended his hunger strike after 30 days on December 22nd in hospital's CCU .
- Students meet with the Family of Majid Tavakoli.
- Political prisoners in Ahvaz Karoon prison have threatened to start a hunger strike protesting their move to ward with dangerous criminals.
News of injustice in Iran
- Farzad Eslami sentenced to 1 additional year.
- Mazyar Goudarzvand has been sentenced to 3 years suspended+fines.
- Parvin Mokhareh, mother of Kouhyar Goudarzi, sentenced to 23 months in prison.
- Esmail Salmanpour sentenced to 1 year suspended.
- 3 prisoners executed in Arak prison for drug smuggling.
- 1 execution in Ilam on Sunday.
- Public flogging of people carried out in Shiraz city.
- 1 execution in Saveh on Tuesday.
University - Culture
- Setareh Elyasi, Womens Rights and student activist expelled for “Disobedience”.
- Society for Iranian Archaeology warns of "destruction and looting" of ancient monuments and sites in Sistan and Baluchestan.
- Tiles of the dome of historical Charbagh school in Isfahan collapsed.
- Tehran's Beethoven Music Center, celebrates 58th years of existence.
- A crack seen in bottom of the mountain called Hossein, Naghsh-e-Rostam site, necropolis of 4 Achaemenian kings.
- International Conference on Persian Poet Rumi kicks off in Tehran.
- In two days; 5 old and historical houses demolished in Ahvaz city.
- Asghar Farhadi’s A Separation nominated for 5 London Critics Circle Film Awards.
- Iran blocks British Embassy website.
- Security agents raid Yalda celebrations in Gorgan.
Economy in Iran
- Iranian currency is falling down day by day.
- CEO of Ahvaz Steel factory arrested in connection of big embezzlement.
- Russia oil company Tatneft said he hasn't signed agreement or contract related to work in Iran oil and gas sector.
- Iran company Sunir awarded $72 million contract to expand plant in north Iraq.
- US dollar trading up to 1630 tomans on the open market.
- $9 million; Energy Ministry's debt to the Tehran subway.
- $50 million; deficits of public hospitals after implementation of targeted subsidy plan.
- Iran has outlawed use of letters of credit for goods imported from UAE as well as transactions carried out in dirhams.
- Iran and Russia set to ink $700m oil deal.
- Bochum City gives Human Rights award to Mrs. Khadijeh Hajidini Moghaddam.
- Iran has released two Kuwaitis held for a month, clearing them of spying.
- Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance Mohammad Hosseini traveled Saturday to Algeria to attend the 7th Islamic Conference of Culture Ministers of Organization of Islamic Cooperation member states.
- Tatarstan President visits Iran.
- Iran wants to open a consulate in Vancouver to serve city's Iranian-Canadian population; Canada refuses.
- UN General Assembly has approved a resolution denouncing serious Human Rights violations in Iran.
- Iran prohibits all business relationship between Iran and UAE until further notice.
- Iraq’s prime minister grants six-month extension on deadline to close MEK's camp Ashraf.
- 5 Iranian technicians had been kidnapped in the Syrian city of Homs.
- Foreign Affairs Advisor to the Supreme Leader met with Indian Vice-President.
- Iran and Mauritania sign Memorandum of Understanding on expansion of mutual cooperation in the fields of health, oil, oil exploitation, agriculture, fisheries, industries, electricity, commerce and trade.
- Switzerland freezes assets of 180 Iranian people and enterprises.
Politics in Iran
- Iran says it has arrested a suspected American spy trying to infiltrate Iranian intelligence.
- Green Movement Council says participation in next parliamentary elections, 'contrary to the national interest'.
- Regime Sells Out Parts of Iran to China!
- In a statement; 39 Political prisoners warn over the "security" atmosphere ahead of Parliamentary elections .
- Yazd Steel Factory blast death toll reaches 18.
- Yemen releases 5 sailors from Iran who were illegally detained 2 years ago.
- Schools closed in Isfahan after critical air pollution.
- Factories around Tehran closed until Saturday after critical air pollution.
- Explosion in Isfahan refinery.
- Tabriz closed because of pollution.
- Pollution alert in Arak.