News of the Prisoners
- Saeed Agha Barari student and human rights activist, transferred to Evin .
- Kobra Amirkhizi transferred to hospital outside Evin.
- Peyman Aref transferred to Evin 209.
- Vahdat Dana transferred from Shiraz central prison to Pirbanoo in Shiraz suburbs.
- Mohammad Karimi, previous student activist arrested on Student Day.
- Farham Masoumi transferred from Shiraz central prison to Pirbanoo in Shiraz suburbs.
- Dr. Ali Rashidi transferred to Evin 209.
- Hossein Ronaghi Maleki transferred to hospital outside Evin.
- Ali Abbasi, student activist in Mazandaran University, arrested.
- University student/blogger Bahar Alinya has been missing since last week. Family can't find any info.
- Journalist Farshad Ghorbanpour has been arrested and is in Evin prison.
- Mohammad Karimi, student activist, arrested in Lahijan on student day.
- Baha'i Nader Kasanei was arrested in Semnan for his 3 years prison sentence implementation.
- Salar Lotfollahpour released from Sanandaj prison on heavy bail.
- Ebrahim Madadi is back to prison at the end of furlough.
- Rahman Yaghoubi, Student activist in Mazandaran University, arrested.
- Hasan Yousefi released from Sanandaj prison on heavy bail.
- Aslan Doodkanlou, Kurd, freed from Karoon prison in Ahvaz after finishing his 5 years term.
- Azarbayjan branch Freedom Movement member Dr. Ghafar Farzadi has been released on bail.
- Leftist student activist Shahin Fazli was released from Tabriz prison after finishing 6 months sentence.
- Journalist Davoud Khodakarami has been released on bail from Zanjan prison Sunday.
- Jebrail Khosravi on hunger strike in Sanandaj prison.
- Labor activist Ali Nejati was released for a 5 day furlough for needed medical treatment.
- Student activist Ahmad Shahrezaei has been released after finishing his 18 months prison term.
- Davoud Bahmanabadi arrested 11 days ago contacted family. He is in Evin 209 under harsh interrogations.
- Naser Jafari, Kurdish political prisoner, on hunger strike in Urmia prison.
- Despite finishing his prison term, Judiciary prevents release of Behrooz Javid Tehrani.
- Ebrahim Kachlanli, Kurdish political prisoner, on hunger strike in Urmia prison.
- Mehdi Karroubi, under house arrest, met family.
- Abbas Palizar on medical furlough was attacked anf& injured in the hospital's CCU room.
- Former president Khatami met with families of political prisoners Issa Saharkhiz, Syamak Ghaderi, Bahman Amouei and Ahmad Zeidabadi.
- 40 days after release, student activist Ashkan Zahabian suffers from Hepatitis A and stuttering he acquired in prison.
News of injustice in Iran
- Ali Abbasi, student activist in Mazandaran University, informed that sentence of 6 months suspended was changed into firm sentence.
- Temporary detention order of Kurdish environmentalist/student activist Rahim Bajvar has been extended 1 more month.
- Christian Maryam Jalili currently in Evin has been sentenced to 2 1/2 yrs in prison.
- Lotfollah Maisami, executive director of banned Cheshm Andaz has been banned from journalism for 5 years.
- Tabriz Court of Appeals has upheld the 6 months sentence of poet/journalist Saeed Moghanli.
- Salah Mostafapour sentenced in Saqqez to 20 years in prison in exile in Minab.
- Manizheh Sadeghi, Kurdish citizen, sentenced by Appels to 3 months in prison; she is arrested during trial.
- Mohammad Ali Taheri sentenced to 7 years in prison + 74 lashes.
- Rahman Yaghoubi, student activist in Mazandaran University, informed that sentence of 6 months suspended changed into firm sentence.
- Mousavi campaign 88 activist Hossein Zarini, currently in Evin, has been sentenced to 4 years.
- 5 people executed in Vakil Abad prison in Mashhad.
- Two inmates hanged in public in Kermanshah; six others hanged in central prison.
University - Culture
- The weekly "Sokhane Tazeh" published in Sirjan city, has been banned by Judiciary order.
- Tahkim Vahdat (student union) publishes a statement on 16 Azar.
- A week after attack on UK embassy, some International schools in Tehran 'have shut' their doors.
- Iran to relocate CCTVs from public areas of elementary/middle schools to actual classrooms.
- Publishing licence for Cheshm Andaz publications has been revoked.
- Six students in the past 2 weeks have lost their lives in university dormitories due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Shima Ranjbar, Baha'i student, expelled from Gorgan University.
Economy in Iran
- International Electronics, Computing and Trade Fair to open in Iran this week with participation of foreign companies from China, Taiwan, Italy, India, UK, Germany, Russia, Switzerland, Norway, France, Japan, Canada and Singapore.
- Iran Khodro Tabriz closes with 5000 job losses.
- Half of the of tea annually consumed in the country comes through smuggling.
- German delegation visits construction projects in Karaj.
- Official inflation rate in Iran for 12 months ending in November 2011 reaches 24.8%
- Laleh Hotel group privatized.
- Eur 19 billions trade between Europe and Iran for 2011 first three quarters…. Sanctions?
- 90 foreign companies from 21 different countries to take part in Printing and Packaging Exhibition in Iran to open on December 19; among these countries Germany, Italy, Japan, Austria, Poland, the UK, the US, the Netherlands, South Korea, China, Turkey, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, France, Sweden and Taiwan.
- Russia opposes further UN sanctions against Iran.
- France is temporarily reducing their staff at the French Embassy in Tehran for “security reasons” following the attack on the British Embassy.
- Tehran to build 50,000 housing units for low-income people... in Syria.
- Iranian Foreign Minister to attend Bonn conference on Afghanistan.
- Tehran threatens Hamas to cut ties if they leave Damascus.
- Britain to seek compensation from Iran for embassy damage - estimated to run more than £1 million.
- Syrian opposition leader warns Iran, Hezbollah.
- Australia adopts new measures against Iran.
- USA open online Embassy for Iran; the site is filtered by government the following day.
- Deputy Interior Minister for Security and Law Enforcement Affairs in Switzerland to attend International Organization for Migration Conference.
- Iran to apply for International Energy Forum membership.
- Police Looking for 3 Iranians After Jakarta Jail Break.
Politics in Iran
- Returning diplomats from United Kingdom whisked away at airport before crowd, and bassidj committee can greet them.
- Grand Ayatollah Nasser Makarem-Shirazi criticises embassy attack.
- Basij units which attacked British embassy in Tehran issue warning to Iranian police over arrest of attackers.
- Clerics will be stationed in Mashhad's hospitals
- Hiring female secretaries banned in governmentt offices in Bushehr.
- Iran pretends to have shot an American drone on Sunday and threatens to retaliate; drone shot down over Iran 'lost over Afghanistan last week'.
- 3 people escape from MEK Ashraf camp in Iran.
- Two basijis killed near Iran's Eastern border.
- 109 Iranian fishermen held hostage by Somali pirates.