- After 2 months in Intel, Dari Amri, Baha’i, transferred to Vakil Abad prison.
- Asadollah Hadi transferred to Tehran Heart Hospital.
- Mathias-Abdolreza Ali-Haghnejad (Seyyed), Christian convert, transferred to hall 10 in Rejaei Shahr.
- Amir Mirzaei-Hekmati, American bi-national, transferred to ward 7 Evin.
- Cleric Hossein Kazemeini-Boroujerdi transferred to Tehran clinic after felling unconscious.
- After 2 months in Intel, May Kholousi , Baha’i, transferred to Vakil Abad prison.
- Chari-Mohammad Moradof, Tajik national, transferred to ward 7 Evin.
- Reza Rabani (Silas), Christian convert, transferred to hall 7 in Rejaei Shahr.
- Hossein Saketi-Aramsarei (Stephen), Christian convert, transferred to hall 7 in Rejaei Shahr.
- After 2 months in Intel, Shayan Tafazoli, Baha’i, transferred to Vakil Abad prison.
- Saeed Abedi, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Vahid Dana, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Morteza Ghodrati, Azeri activist, arrested when trying to climb to Babak castle.
- Adib Haghpajou, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Bahareh Hedayat is back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- Meisam Jolani, Azeri activist, arrested when trying to climb to Babak castle.
- Mehdi Mahmoudian, journalist, back to Rejaei Shahr at the end of furlough.
- Behieh Manavipour, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Journalist Nasour Naghipour back to prison at the end of furlough.
- Habib Negahban, Azeri activist, arrested when trying to climb to Babak castle.
- Morteza Parvin, Azeri activist, arrested when trying to climb to Babak castle.
- Asad Salehi, Ahvaz activist, arrested for visiting executed prisoners.
- Aidin Zakeri, Azeri activist, arrested when trying to climb to Babak castle.
- 94,000 arrested for drug traffic in 4 months.
- Journalist Mehdi Mahmoudian released on furlough.
News of injustice in Iran
- Hashem Aghajari sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Ardeshir Amir-Arjomand, Moussavi’s spokesman, sentenced to 18 years in prison in abstentia.
- Sattar Beheshti’s murderer sentenced to 3 years in prison and 74 lashes.
- Ebrahim Far-Abad-Falahieh, Green political activist, sentenced to 6 months in prison.
- 3 public hangings in Shiraz.
- 12 prisoners died during a fire in Shahr-e-Kord prison.
- 6 executions for sodomy, 5 in public.
- 2 public hangings in Kermanshah.
- One public hanging in Karaj.
- A man lashed 70 times publicly in Boyrahmad.
- At least 7 Baloch prisoners hanged in different prisons.
- 3 hangings in Rejaei Shahr prison.
- House keeper of Jason Rezaian was killed during arrest.
University – Culture
- A concert in Urmia cancelled due to non-compliance with gender segregation.
- Ghanoun newspaper ban lifted, will be published again as from Aug.22nd.
- The council that supervises universities revoked the license given to the University established by Ahmadinejad in his last days of administration.
- Mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani receives 2014 Fields medal (Nobel for Mathematics).
- Book sellers must get a permit from Culture Ministry.
- Both Christians and Muslims gather in front of UN office in Tehran to condemn persecution of Iraqi Christians.
- 100 Zagros Steel workers gather in front of Parliament.
- Elite Iranian force enters Iraq via Kurdistan.
- Gaza : Iran denounces complicity between UN and USA.
- 9 Iranians freed from Qatar prison.
- During Ramadan 400 arrested 200 flogged in public because of non-compliance with fasting in Ghazvin.
- Three amusement parks sealed in Isfahan.
- Destruction of Baha’i cemetery in Shiraz resumes.
- Rouhani deputy slams Tehran’s gender segregation plan.
- Several women arrested in Tehran for bad-veiling.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated